Veterinary Support Assistant Course
This Veterinary Support Assistant Course gives a firm grounding in reality, with essential skills such as animal handling and restraint, pet psychology and recognizing pain to working as part of a veterinary team.
It includes an overview of how veterinary practice works, health and safety, basic anatomy and physiology, animal handling techniques, first aid, and coping with emergency situations as well as emotional issues such as euthanasia.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Veterinary terminology
- Handling dogs, cats, small mammals, and exotics
- Animal psychology interpreting signs of stress or pain
- Handling the fractious animal safely
- How to gently restrain animals for minor procedures
- The importance of disinfection and disease control
- Monitoring inpatients, such as taking vital signs and record keeping
- Basic animal anatomy and physiology
- Health and Safety regulations
- Feeding animals both healthy and sick
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee
Precise and useful course. I am currently working in a pet hospital and after finishing the course I feel more confident at my workplace in handling pets and different situations in pet practice.
Ramya Narayanan – India
Specification: Veterinary Support Assistant Course