Knowadays Proofreading Course vs. Proofread Anywhere
If you want to work as a writer or an editor, you can definitely benefit by honing your proofreading skills. Even if you don’t have any intention to become a proofreader, you can still benefit from honing your proofreading skills because writing is a major part of our everyday lives. There are many online proofreading courses for beginners to choose from. Knowadays Proofreading and Proofread Anywhere are the two most popular choices. Read on Knowadays Proofreading Course vs. Proofread Anywhere to learn how they compare with each other so you can choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences:
What is Knowadays Proofreading Course?
Knowadays Proofreading Course is an online proofreading course dedicated to helping students, writers, and teachers alike learn how to become the best proofreaders and writers on the internet by subjecting them to their differentiated and detailed courses. Students who pass the Knowadays Proofreading Course course are offered a freelance job at Proofed Inc.
Knowadays Proofreading Course Course Breakdown
The primary Knowadays Proofreading Course course has 10 modules and it takes 40 hours to complete. It covers the following:
- Editing and proofreading
- Common punctuation mistakes, grammar mistakes, and spelling mistakes.
- The basics of Microsoft Word
- Citations and referencing
- Proofreading in practice: academic proofreading
- Advanced formatting in Microsoft Word
Knowadays costs $399.
At the moment there is Knowadays promo code for 10% off.
PROS & CONS
- Free trial of the main course
- Online course, which means you can access it from anywhere, at any time
- There is no predefined timeframe for the courses, so you can complete them at your own pace
- The general cost of the courses is relatively lower as compared to other proofreading courses available on the internet
- Knowadays Proofreading offers work for students who pass the course with 80% or higher effective rate
- Some of the courses of Knowadays Proofreading are quite rigorous and challenging. They will surely require you to be determined and well-motivated to complete them
- Paying for the Microsoft Word license is mandatory
What is Proofread Anywhere?
Proofread Anywhere is a popular online platform that teaches proofreading. The Proofread Anywhere course is designed to help people learn how to make money as a capable and competent proofreader. The platform/course is designed by Caitlyn Pyle. She was a successful proofreader herself and helped guide and consult numerous hopeful proofreaders. In 2014, she created an eBook which she later expanded into a complete course and launched Proofread Anywhere in 2015.
Proofread Anywhere Course Breakdown
There are two main courses of Proofread Anywhere you can choose. The General Proofreading Course includes the following:
- Over 40 lessons containing 8 modules to teach you the basics of proofreading, as well as advanced techniques and skills.
- The mechanics of proofreading as well as the knowledge about how to market your services to find clients.
The General Transcript Proofreading course includes the following:
- 55 units and 9 modules to help you with theory and practice.
- Learn how to proofread transcripts so you can effectively offer this niche service.
The General Proofreading Course has two pricing plans:
- Ignite: This option costs $497 and includes lifetime access to the single course.
- Ignite Plus: It costs $597. With this one-time payment, you get all the elements of the Ignite plan, in addition to hand-graded examination, and more.
PROS & CONS
- Proofread Anywhere course offers everything you need to know about working as a proofreader
- The course teaches you how to price yourself
- It teaches students how to set up their proofreading business and start earning
- It shows the tactics the students can use to find work
- Constant emails after completion of the course to nurture the student
- There are no refunds. Once you have made payment and logged in, you cannot request refund in case you feel dissatisfied with the course
- Some learners stated that there were some errors in the Proofread Anywhere course
In conclusion, both courses are popular options for anyone looking to learn and/or improve their proofreading skills. They offer everything you need in order to become an effective proofreader. They are suitable for beginners and can help you develop your proofreading skills from the fundamental elements to more advanced skills. The primary difference between the two is that Knowadays Proofreading is considerably less expensive as compared to Proofread Anywhere. Not to mention it also has an added perk of guaranteed employment which is certainly worth it. But in the end, the choice is yours. No matter which course you choose, once you complete it, you should be fully capable of proofreading documents that are flawless and ready for publishing.
You might also be interested in:
How to Become a Certified Proofreader in 2021
7 Best Creative Writing Courses Online
11 Best Proofreading Courses for 2022
[…] 7 Best Creative Writing Courses Online11 Best Proofreading Courses for 2022Proofreading Academy vs. Proofread Anywhere […]
[…] may be interested to read: How to Become a Certified Proofreader in 2021Proofreading Academy vs. Proofread Anywhere7 Best Creative Writing Courses […]