This Pet Nutrition course will help you understand your pet’s dietary needs and give a solid grounding in pet nutrition. The course helps you understand food labeling, how much and when to feed, and not forgetting our smaller furry (and scaly) friends as we pick a path through the maze of pet nutrition.
Food glorious food! You’re on safe ground spotting a steak is not a cabbage, but can you tell proteins, carbohydrates and fats from vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants?
Learn nutritional aspects such as:
Food groups: What foods are made up of
Types of food: How commercial diets are packaged
Food labelling: Decode the small print
Know how much to feed
Understand Your Pet’s Nutritional Needs
A dog has different nutritional needs to a cat, which is different to a rabbit. Indeed, don’t stop there because birds, fish, and reptiles all have specific needs.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Different types of digestion: Herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores
- Life stage feeding: Youngster, adult, or senior pet
- Matching lifestyle to nutrition: How to feed the active animal, for pregnancy or lactation
- Why a cat isn’t a small dog
- Mealtimes vs ad lib feeding
- Avoiding fussy eaters