Accred Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies
This course teaches how businesses work; the different types and how the world around them affects decision-making within a business. What leads to change and how do businesses respond to these issues; and the range of perspectives that can be taken on business activities such as the services on offer. This course will help develop a range of important and transferable skills such as data skills; presenting arguments and making recommendations on the basis of the available evidence; and problem solving to help a business maximise their potential.
The Learning programme for the student, offers choice and scope in regards to the wider study of the business practices. The core aims of the diploma are to:
- Specifically offers the student a theoretical academic approach to the study of this area of good management skills through a robust programme of learning that will enhance careers in the wider field of business sector that the student currently engages within or seeks to aspire towards.
- The Diploma Business Administration encourages students to: develop their interest in, and enthusiasm for, a rigorous study of their subject at a specialist level and explores the core self/organisational theories and their application in business settings.
- Students will have an opportunity to study aspects of business theory and practice that is current and informs good strategic management practice of which administration is a key part.
- To undertake a broader study of the subject of business administration, through the selection of a variety of topics: managing yourself, managing organisations, managing resources – human and physical and importantly, change.
- Some prior knowledge of business administration is recommended, or experience in working with a business setting. However, the opportunity is provided for candidates who have studied a business subject at IGCSE Level (either as a Full or Short Course) to build on knowledge, understanding and skills gained at that level. Or simply starting from a point of wanting to enhance professional skills.
- The course encourages students to develop the critical, analytical and evaluative skills which will enable them To either go on to Higher Education to study a wide range of management courses, including: accounting, personnel, Law, logistics and many others.
This course consists of Ten Units and is a qualification awarded by Oxford Learning College, in its own right; with the quality assurance of a leading awarding body (CIE Global) that hallmarks this professional qualification.
Assessment Objectives (AO)
Students must select and demonstrate clearly relevant knowledge and understanding through the use of evidence, examples and correct language and terminology appropriate to the course of study. In addition, for synoptic assessment, students should demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the connections between different elements of their course of study. This assessment, involves two written assignments: one halfway through the course and following the final unit. Both are assessed and graded by the assigned tutor, according to college procedures.
Students must critically evaluate and justify a point of view through the use of evidence and reasoned argument. In addition, for synoptic assessment, students should relate elements of their course of study to their broader context and to aspects of working and career experience.
Quality of Written Communication (QWC)
In addition, OLC require students’ to produce written material in English, candidates must: ensure that text is legible and that spelling, punctuation and grammar (SPG) are accurate so that meaning is clear; select and use a form and style of writing appropriate to studying a complex subject matter; organise information clearly and coherently, using specialist vocabulary when appropriate and Harvard referencing of citation and sources. In this Specification, SPG will be assessed in all tutor marked assignments (TMAs)
To ensure that we maintain quality standards; all our students written assignments are subject to our plagiarism policy and procedure.
OLC offer the opportunity to study Business Administration as a professional level 3 validated diploma course. The student will learn and/or review the many aspects of business administration; be able to apply and use that gained knowledge in most business sectors.
This course has several features:
- To develop an understanding of managing business.
- To treat the subject as a professional discipline, providing the academic knowledge, understanding and skills appropriate for specialist study.
- To teach students an enquiring, reflective and critical approach to the study of business administration at a strategic level of responsibility.
- To encourage students to reflect on their own professional business management practice, the norms, perceptions, values and opinions in the light of their study.
The course is broken down into ten modules as follows:
Module One – Starting a Business
Module Two – Financial Planning
Module Three – Finance
Module Four – People in Business
Module Five – Operations Management
Module Six – Marketing and the Competitive Market
Module Seven – Marketing Strategies and Operations Management
Module Eight – Human Strategies, Financial Strategies and Accounts
Module Nine – The Business Environment
Module Ten – Managing Change
Entry to this level three course requires that potential students have gained GCSE/IGCSE or equivalent qualifications and have, good English oral, reading and writing skills.
Advice on enrolment and guidance of prior learning (APL) can be obtained through out contact centre. The course is a rolling programme and can be started at any point in the year. Successful students can go on to Higher Education, including remaining as students at OLC to complete courses in our portfolio of higher awards.
This course has been developed by the College’s professional team of tutors to meet the needs of sector based employers and employees. It is also part of the College’s validated level three Diplomas’, recognised internationally, as verified and moderated Centre for Interactive Education (CIE Global). Further details of our accreditations are provided on our website.
Specification: Accred Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies
The course has TWO Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA); which are graded: Pass or Fail. 1 at the end of units 5 & 10.
Approximately: 200 hours of personal study time for the entire course is recommended. All of which is supported by the OLC Course Tutor, who we greatly encourage students to access support from throughout their course.
The whole course MUST be completed and both assignments graded PASS to gain the “Oxford Learning College Level Three Diploma in Business Adminstration (B)”
Course Fee: £850.00 Fees can be paid by instalments.
The coursework is assessed through continuous assessment with no formal exit examinations.